We’re fast approaching two years since the global health crisis first struck. With new strains being reported constantly, and restrictions on industry not going away, IT has had to adapt, and thankfully, it has. COVID-19 has put immense pressure on the economy, particularly from a cost perspective. The need for speed, efficiency, and digital transformation now more than ever, can’t be emphasized enough. Despite these uncertain times, Technavio has reported that the software testing services market is poised to grow by USD 34.49 bn during 2020 – 2024.
The global economy has seen the rise of remote work in their workforce and if anything, it seems more likely that this trend will continue post-pandemic. With COVID-19 bringing ramifications on a global scale, working remotely is the new norm. With technology companies shifting to a Results-Only Work Environments (ROWE), and the increasing prevalence of secure networking and mobile technologies, it’s safe to say that the world is adapting. Given the right infrastructure, the IT sector has more than proven its ability to support and empower the workforce. Software testing isn’t going anywhere; it’s thriving. It has and always will play a crucial role in the tech world.
So, why consider software testing as a career with everything going on?
The truth is, most software testers love their work and would be hard-pressed to give it up. It’s rewarding, fun, and challenging but it doesn’t come without its rewards. It is one of the most in-demand job roles in the IT sector. Software testing as a profession has changed drastically in the last decade. Adhering to increasing demand for a skilled workforce, and a shift in technology software testing is now a topic of discussion in the boardroom.
Still here? That’s a good sign.
Here are our top reasons why you should think about pursuing a career in software testing.
- For the unaware, software testing is currently rated as one of the happiest professions.
- Income is an obvious reason why, so let us elaborate. Software testers are among the most well-paid occupations in tech.
- We’ve mentioned this one before, but it’s just so good we couldn’t pass it by! Software Testing as a profession is in demand!
- With consistent advancements in Software, opportunities are certainly not far and few in between.
- It doesn’t get monotonous. Ask a professional tester and they’ll tell you that every project is unique and bring with it, its own problems.
- Speaking of being monotonous, career growth is a positive that many testers experience, the more projects they take on.
- You’re always learning and that’s a good thing!
- You’re basically helping your stakeholders sleep better at night.
Keeping in mind everything we’ve listed so far, it’s a no-brainer that software testing is a great option as a career path.
How do you get started then?
We’re so glad you asked! QC More is the best software testing training institute in Kerala. Located in Kochi, it’s your official road map to reach your potential in the software testing profession. It also happens to be your one-stop to acquire the skills needed to succeed in this industry. In case you’re wondering what they are, let us fill you in:
1) Communication: With a collective industry experience of almost 45 years, it’s needless to say that we understand communication. We understand that this is a pivotal skill in reaching your career goals.
2) Technical Skills such as:
- Testing tools
- Programming languages familiarity
- Testing concepts
- Documentation skill
- Knowledge of testing types
- Project life cycle
- Ability to analyze requirements
- Database concepts
- Test plan idea
3) Leadership: Being able to take the lead and be independent in a role is often what creates a sense of reliability to an employer and we take pride in instilling leadership skills in our students.
4) Decision-making and Analytical Skills: We don’t stop at the technical know-how, but we emphasize the need to be decisive and take action when required. It’s what sets us apart as the best software testing training institute in Kerala.
Still, have questions? Head on over to our training course and we’ll do the rest! At Qc More, we are committed to seeing you realize your highest potential and equipping you with quality training. We care and we are committed to transforming your career.