Software Testing Certifications
CSTE Certified Software Tester
This certification certify that the person is qualified Software Tester and is aware of the testing principles and practices. This will open the channel to become a member in the accepted professional group which in turn will help in the career advancement.
Prerequisites CSTE To qualify for candidacy, each applicant must meet ONE of four prerequisites listed below:
- A 4-year degree from accredited college-level institution & 2 years’ experience in the information services field
- A 3-year degree from accredited college-level institution & 3 years’ experience in the information services field
- A 2-year degree from accredited college-level institution & 4 years’ experience in the information services field
- Six years’ experience in the information services field
Along with the above requirements the candidate should be working in the software industry Or he might have worked at any time within the prior 18 months which will qualify him for certification designation. Application Fee $350- $420
CSTP Certified Software Test Professional International Institute for Software Testing (IIST) started this certification in 1991 and is indented to excel the software testing profession. This Software Testing Certification is having 3 levels CSTP-A,CSTP-P and CSTP-M Associate Level, practitioner level and master level respectively. Following will be the topics covered for CSTP.
- Software Testing principles
- Test Design
- How to manage the Test Process
- Test Case Execution and Defect Tracking.
- Requirement Definitions, Refinement and Verification
- Test Automation
- Static Testing
Eligibility Criteria Minimum One year experience
Application Fee $120
CTM Certified Test Manager. The purpose of this certification is to help Test Managers and Senior Testers to manage testing projects and to strengthen their managerial skills. Eligibility Criteria
- More than 3 years of industry experience
- CSTP certification
Application Fee $120
HP QTP Certification This certification is for QuickTest professionals to be an expert in the testing tool.
The cost of HP QTP certification is $150.
ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) ISTQB is one of the leading certification for Software Testers. ISEB(The Information systems Examinations Board) is a UK specified certification by BCS and ISTQB stands for International Software Testing Qualifications Board. The purpose of this certifications are same and the difference is that first is Uk specified were as the second one is internationally recognized. This certifications are available in 4 levels named Foundation, Intermediate, Practitioner and Higher. Foundation Level Cost: £130 Intermediate Level Cost: £110. Practitioner Level Cost: £150. Higher Level Cost: £540
CMST (Certified Manager of Software Testing) It’s an international level certification for software professional. Prerequisites CMST
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 4 years of Software testing experience.
- Associate degree and minimum 6 years of Software testing experience.
- Minimum 8 years of Software testing experience.
The candidates should have strong understanding on following topics
- Test Planning
- Test Reporting
- Managing Test Execution
- Organizational Development (both, teams and management)
- Communication (both, leadership and behavioral skills)
- Define, deploy and improve work processes
Certification Cost: $450
CASQ (Certified Associate in Software Quality) This certification concentrates on quality assurance skills and fundamentals of software testing. Prerequisites CASQ
- Degree 3 year/4 year from an accredited institution.
- Degree 2 year and experience in IT field.
- Minimum 3years of experience in Software industry.
Certification Cost: $100
CSQA (Certified Software Quality Analyst) Prerequisites CSQA
- 4 year degree and 2 years of experience in IT field.
- 3 year Degree and 3 years of experience in IT field.
- 2 year Degree and 4 years of experience in IT field.
- 6 years of experience in Software industry.
Certification Cost: $350
CMSQ (Certified Manager of Software Quality) This is an international assessment for QA team leads and managers. This certification aims for professionals who are looking for a managerial post.
- 4 year degree plus 4 year experience in QA field.
- Associate Degree plus 6 years of experience in QA field.
- 8 years of experience in QA field.
Certification Cost: $450