SOFTWARE TESTING AND ITS DIFFERENT TYPES
“Software Testing is the process of executing a program with the intention of finding the error”
It is a formal process performed by specialized testing teams, either a unit or integrated units or complete software is examined by running programs on the computer. Software testing is performed by approved test producers on approved test cases.
According to ANSI/IEEE 1059 standard – Testing is a process of analyzing a software item to detect the differences between existing and required conditions (i.e., defects) and to evaluate the features of the software item.
It is the process of exercising the software to verify that it satisfies specified requirements and to detect errors.
In short, after an application or software is built, it needs to be tested to check if it is error free. If the error is found, it will be reported back to the software developer by the testers.
SOFTWARE TESTING TYPES
Software Testing Types are the different methods and strategies which are used to execute to check a software or application fully. The different testing types focuses on a particular test objective with a different test strategy.
These are some of the software testing types :
- Performance testing : Performance test is executed to determine and ensure the performance of a software application under the expected workload.
- Security Testing : It is the process which determines if the system or application is safe and secured for the end user. If there are any such loopholes in the system, it may result in the biggest complications like losing the private information of big organizations. The main aim of Security Test is protecting the information of the organization and make sure that hackers cannot track any of their information.
- Usability Testing : The process of verifying how easy the finished product is to use by its intended users is known as Usability Testing. It focuses on finding out the usability issues in the design as early as possible so that it can be corrected before it is applied in the production.
- Accessibility Testing : This is the way of testing which ensures that the final product can be used by the people with disabilities. It is used to test software, mobile applications and websites. It is a subset of Usability Testing.
- Regression Testing : It is a process which ensures that the changes made to the software to fix the defects, or for enhancement of the software or application have not affected it adversely.
SOFTWARE TESTING AS CAREER
No matter what language the software or application has used, ultimately it should be released only after testing. The demand for software testing is only increasing. If you are someone who is interested in choosing Testing as a career, QC More, Kochi provides the best software testing training in Kochi. You get the best training from QC More under the guidance of industry experts and exposure to live projects.