Software Testing – Terms & Definitions
Here is a list of software testing terms and their definitions. It defines the fundamental concepts regarding software testing. They are often misunderstood and confused and used inappropriately. This blog will help you understand their definitions and differences between them.
Precision and Accuracy
- Precision refers to the closeness of two or more measurements to each other. Precision is not dependant on accuracy. One can be very precise, but inaccurate.
- Accuracy refers to the closeness of a measured value to a standard or known value.
Verification and Validation
These terms are often used interchangeably, but they have different definitions, and these differences are important to software testing.
- Verification is the process of confirming something. Here, confirming that the software meets its specifications.
- Validation is the process of confirming that the software meets the users’ requirements.
Quality and Reliability
- Quality is defined as “a degree of excellence” or superiority in kind in Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary. If the software product us high in quality, it will meet customers’ needs.
- Reliability is just one aspect of quality. Software testers often believe that quality and reliability are the same thing. They believe that if they can test a program until it is stable, dependable and reliable, they are ensuring a high quality product. This concept cannot be necessarily be true.
Testing and Quality Assurance (QA)
- A software tester’s main responsibility is to find bugs, as early as possible and make sure that they get fixed.
- A software Quality Assurance Person’s main responsibility is to create and enforce standards and methods to improve the development process and to prevent bugs from ever occurring.
Often these terms are misinterpreted and understood in a wrong way.
If you are someone who is interested in choosing Testing as a career, join the software testing training courses in Kochi. QC More provides the software testing courses like Selenium Testing training in Kochi. You get the best training from QC More under the guidance of industry experts and exposure to live projects.
Join QcMore and get placed in no time with our placement assistance !