What is Performance Testing ?
Performance test is executed to determine and ensure the performance of a software application in terms of stability and responsiveness under the expected workload.
There are two major types of testing in software testing : Functional Testing and Non Functional Testing.In software testing, Performance testing and the types of Performance Testing such as Load Testing, Stress Testing, Spike Testing, Endurance Testing and Volume Testing fall under Non functional Testing. Performance Testing ensures that the speed, accuracy and software are on point. It is also important for confirming the reliability and scalability of the application or software. Performance Testing enhances the optimization of the end product.
Types of Performance Testing
- Load Testing
- Stress Testing
- Spike Testing
- Endurance Testing
- Volume Testing
- Load Testing : Load Testing is executed to identify the maximum operating capacity of an application. It helps in identifying the performance of an application when it is used simultaneously by multiple users.
- Stress Testing : This is a process which is used to test the durability of an application or software. It is done by testing it beyond the limit of how it can normally perform.
- Spike testing : This test is performed to determine the weakness of an application. It helps in understanding the performance of the system under the sudden increase or decrease of the user load.
- Endurance testing : This is also known as Soak testing. In endurance testing, a system is tested with a certain load extended over a certain period of time to determine the performance of the system under continuous use.
- Volume Testing : It is a process to identify the performance of the system by increasing the volume of data in the database.
The scope for Performance testing is endless. Are you an aspirant of software testing ? Then think no more and join QC More, one of the best software testing institutes which provides the best software testing training in Kochi under the guidance of industrial experts and live projects !